Jason qualified at the Royal London Hospital in 1995; achieving a number of awards including The Constance Klein Memorial, The Stafford Millar, and The Malcolm Jenkins Scholarships, The American Association of Endodontics Prize and the Overall Award for Clinical Dentistry. After spending 3 years in oral surgery residency in London and a further year practicing restorative dentistry in London’s Harley Street Medical District, he relocated to Cornwall in the extreme southwest of England. Jason practices at Revitalise, Cornwall, UK where his main focus is microscope enhanced adhesive dentistry. His specific interest is direct composite resin artistry and minimally invasive all ceramic restorations and he has presented to dentists locally, nationally and internationally (USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and Europe) on this topic. He is a Post-Graduate Clinical Lecturer in both the Cornwall & Isles of Scilly and Plymouth Foundation Dental Practitioners Schemes. He has given hands on programs in the UK, Europe, Asia, Canada and USA on behalf of GC, Ivoclar, Kerr, Hereaus, Optident, Micerium, Carl Zeiss, Global, Velopex and Triodent. He is a UK “Opinion Leader” for Cosmedent (Enlighten Smiles), A European “Key Opinion Leader” for Hereaus-Kulzer and is a member of the European Restorative Advisory Board for GC Europe. Jason is Resident Faculty at The Centre for Esthetic Excellence, Chicago, USA. He is an Accredited International Trainer for Carl Zeiss Dental Academy.
Jason has achieved Diplomat Status in Restorative Dentistry from the Royal College of Surgeons (England).
He is on the Editorial Board of The Russian Journal of Esthetic Dentistry and has published numerous articles on adhesive and aesthetic dentistry in both the UK and abroad. He is joint author of “Vertical Margin Finish Lines In Fixed Prosthodontics”.
Direct Resin in the Anterior Dentition: The ABCDE of the complex case
Conventionally, discolored teeth and advanced wear cases are treated with indirect restorations: crowns and veneers. This approach is well based in the literature and over time, has proven highly successful, however, in some cases it may prove expensive in terms of overall cost, treatment times and most critically loss of tooth structure.
This Master class is designed to allow the experienced practitioner to confidently approach more challenging anterior cases with direct resin in combination with simple orthodontic therapy, occlusal rehabilitation and bleaching where indicated.
- Composite Resin
- Dahl-Type Approach
What You Will Learn:
- A simple approach to the direct resin veneer: create masterpieces easily and predictably.
- Masking discolored teeth with direct resin
- How to handle the peg lateral and microdont teeth
- Functional smile design.
- How to handle complex cases such as discolored and misaligned teeth with direct resin in conjunction with simple short-term orthodontics and home whitening.
- A predictable approach to reconstruct worn broken down teeth creating functional occlusions with direct
- resin. To include increasing the vertical dimension and re-establishing anterior guidance.
And much, much more…
Indirect Restorations, from Concept to Completion, A Restorative Odyssey
A comprehensive approach for the restoration of anterior and posterior teeth with all ceramic onlays and crowns with Vertical Margins. The emphasis is on adhesive, minimally invasive tooth colored restorations: from treatment planning, through preparation, impression taking, provisionalisation and final cementation/finishing.
What You Will Learn:
- Biologically sound principles in relation to tooth reduction, margin design and finishing
- Which margin, when and why? Vertical Margin Design.
- Immediate Dentin Sealing and Gingival Margin Elevation for optimal adhesion
- The Pillars of Adhesive Preparation Design: make your in vivo preps approach in vitro bond strengths.
- The Concept of Ferrule (Vertical and Horizontal)
- Tissue Management for long-term periodontal health.
- Which cement and why…simple usable day-to-day protocols
- Cementation and Finishing Procedures for invisible margins.
- Provisionals for minimal preparation ceramic