Dr. Clark’s interests include the re-designing of restorative and endodontic cavity preparations; an overhaul of the tragically outdated GV Black cavity shapes. For composite dentistry, this includes the non-retentive Class II preparation which requires the Injection Molding Filling Technique, and Injection Over-Molding of worn, mis-shaped and fractured anterior teeth with the Bioclear 360 veneer technique and system.
Dr. Clark has developed the Bioclear Matrix System that promises a real advancement for placement of biologically appropriate, esthetically pleasing direct composite restorations for treating minimally invasive Class II preparations, diastema closure, black triangle elimination combined with papilla regeneration and traditional anterior composites. He has been granted several US patents.
He and Dr. John Khademi are acknowledged as fathers of Minimally Invasive Endodontics, which at first was rejected by most North American endodontists, but is now being embraced by the mainstream. Dr. Clark published the first guide and classification system for dentin and enamel cracks based on 16 power magnification and has conducted studies on cracked teeth. He has designed numerous instruments, burs, wedges, matrices, separators and equipment and has written chapters for both esthetic dentistry and endodontic textbooks.
Dr. Clark served for 18 months as the lecturer and lead dentist for CRA during Gordon Christensen’s absence and served on CRA’s board of directors for several years. He maintains a private practice in Tacoma WA, USA.
Get ready for three packed lectures in ONE DAY:
Better, Faster, Prettier Composites
In the past, porcelain was our only real option to rejuvenate a smile. Now, injection overmolding of monolithic, heated composite into anatomic tooth form matrices is re-writing the rules of smile design and tooth reconstruction.
Attendees will learn:
- How to use composite and Bioclear to treat the “dreaded” black triangles
and diastemas due to tooth-arch size discrepancies, adult ortho, age,
bone loss and implant location.
- Restore incisal edges in worn teeth, fractured teeth and collapsed bites with confidence using modern composite engineering and injection overmolding.
- Minimally invasive prep design.
- Sparkly, mirror finish for composites with the 2 step “Rock Star Polish”.
The Epidemic of Cracked Teeth
Diagnosis, Treatment & Prevention
Currently the diagnosis and treatment of cracked and fractured teeth is largely symptom based and is therefore often a sad, end stage diagnosis. The fracturing process is one of dentistry’s last great mysteries and is poorly understood throughout the generalist and specialist dental community. In this engaging and entertaining lecture, you will learn to understand and diagnose pathologic cracks utilising magnification and other modalities, and treat long before symptoms arise or the tooth becomes unsalvageable.
Dr. Clark will teach routine identification of early cracks and teach the Clark Class II saucer shaped non-retentive preparation and Fissurotomy Class I, a significant departure from the G.V. Black preparations that are a leading cause of cracked teeth. He will share his published approach to diagnosis based on 16X magnification, step by step predictable treatment, endodontic and periodontal implications, and when to extract.
- Have confidence identifying early tooth fracturing based on high level magnification.
- Learn why new Class II cavity preparations and other modalities are crucial to prevent eventual tooth fracture.
- Receive a blueprint for diagnosis and treatment of complete and incomplete fractures.
- Understand the Fissurotomy, Calla Lilly and Overlay preparations for Class I restorations.
Ten Solutions for Ten Every Day Problems
Minimally Invasive Dentistry is a worthwhile goal but the practical techniques, instruments and materials are often lacking. In this fast paced, practical and entertaining lecture, Dr. Clark will provide clear “Monday Morning Solutions” to solve impediments to true progress in every day dentistry. This course is designed for dentists who seek predictability, profitability and excellence in a constantly evolving profession.
- Have an understanding of the new model of site specific dentin preservation when accessing, instrumenting and obturating root canal systems.
- Receive an update of state of the art endodontic instruments and equipment. What do you need and what you can live without.
- Learn about the 48 hour Inside Outside Bleach for dark endo teeth
- Achieve confidence in Bioclear Matrix selection and composite injection overmolding when treating black triangles, peg laterals, fractured incisors, and deep anterior caries.
- Understand the 6 keys to consistently solid contacts with posterior composite.
- Understand the direct posterior composite overlay for stabilising cracked and/or endo teeth, FOR YEARS if needed.
- Understand, why we are eliminating composite layering.
- Learn about the new role of bulk
- Understand the benefits and difference between liquefaction of composite with ultrasonic or heat energy.
- The new role of biofilm removal- eliminating staining composite margins.